One size fits all theory doesn't work when it comes to Sea-freight. Understanding the customer's requirement and offering a cost effective and efficient solution is the job of quality freight forwarder. For many it is all about FCL (full container load) or LCL (less than a container load).
FCL shipments are fairly simple cases and there are many carriers offering different levels of services offering transit time based on their connections. Using the ideal carrier and choosing the ideal equipment's is the key. GSL has service contracts with most of the major global carriers and the rate advantage along with the expertise can be passed on to all our customers.
We offer dedicated LCL service to all major trade lanes offering seamless door-to-door service with fastest transit time and dependability. By offering you LCL services we offer your small loads the full treatment. It is generally preferred when there are fragmented order quantities to consolidate cargo for an FCL. This will reduce inventories besides saving costs. However, there are cases even a part load is shipped as FCL and that choice is made based on many factors like local handling costs, risk elements, multiple handling that could create damages to the goods and the decision can be made only from the experience and knowledge. It could be cost versus the advantage. Besides the regular consolidation service, we also undertake buyer's consolidation and shipper's consolidation.
Our Ocean services in a nutshell
- Weekly sailings for our Export FCL
- Break Bulk / RORO services
- Door to door services to anywhere in the world
- Packing, forwarding and storage
- Personal effects and homeward bound solutions
- Buyers consolidation and Vendor Management
- Dangerous goods (IMDG) handling
- Customized pre and on carriage services
- Full charters and special equipment handling
- Import Services from all continents for both FCL and LCL
- Dedicated export LCL services from all major ports and ICD's in India